With many years of coaching experience in all levels and playing experience in the national, international, amateur, and professional levels, our coaches posses a wealth of knowledge, and are excited to impart it to the younger generation.
Edwin Chun - CEO & Head Coach
- Started Lanikai Athletic Club (LAC) youth program in 2011.
- 15 years of coaching experience. Coached baseball, strength/conditioning, and volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached baseball at Kalaheo High School, Kailua High School, and Saint Louis. All three programs made it to the state tournament and 2 out of the 3 programs were in the state championship game.
- Starting playing volleyball at Kailua High School his junior year.
- Played 2 years of volleyball at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California.
- Freshman of the Year honors
- MVP (Sophomore year)
- Still holds single season dig record set in 2001
- Played 1 year in Germany.
- Plays annually for a team from Los Angeles in the Chinese 9-man volleyball tournament.
- Organizes the summer grass tournaments Lanikai Open and Koolau Classic.
Sivan Leoni - Assistant Director & Head Coach
- Over 12 years of coaching experience ranging from beginners to college level
- Coached at Kalaheo High School and lead the Mustangs to two consecutive OIA championships (2004, 2005) and four appearances at the State tournament
- IMPACT certified
- Played volleyball with the Israeli National Team (1992-1994)
- Graduate of the University of Hawaii (UH) with a degree in Photography & Marketing
- Played volleyball at UH for 4 years (1995-1998)
- Two Appearances at the NCAA D-I Final Four tournaments
- Top Scholar Athlete for 3 years at UH
- Top 10 career leaders list in multiple categories of the UH's records book (Service aces, ace percentage, total block assists, total solo blocks, blocking percentage & hitting percentage)
- Sivan has a 14 year old daughter in the club
- Works as a Computers Programmer, specializing in web-based database applications
Nichol "Nik" Meyers - Operations Manager
- Been with LAC since 2013
- Administrator - Jammers Volleyball Club 2005-2013
- Operations Supervisor - Ohana Construction 1994-2008
- Maecee Pastele Shack Owner 2005-present
- Robin & Co Salon & Spa owner 1997-2003
- Pink Sox Softball - Director/Coach 2003-2006
- Kaneohe Little League - Coach 2003-2006
- Ace Certification
- 2014-15 Season - 16U Green and 14U Green Head Coach
- 13 years of coaching experience. Coached Volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached Volleyball at Kaiser high school and was named "Coach of the Year" in 2005.
- Currently is the director/ head women's varsity coach for Saint Francis School. Led her team to Back-to-Back State Championships in 2011 and 2012. Also led her team to an ILH Championship in 2012.
- Started playing volleyball in 6th grade at Maryknoll School. Continued on and finished at Kaiser High School. Walk-on to the UNLV Rebels Volleyball team for 1 year.
- Currently 2 time reigning Haili Women's A Champs with her LAC Women's team.
- Earned a 2012 Haili "All Tournament" team as a player.
- 13 Black Honolulu Coach
- Previously coached at Jammers VBC for 3 seasons (2012-2014)
- Assisted 12U team to 3rd Place win at Summer Soiree Tournament in Anaheim (2012)
- Assisted with the Jammer Junior Program (2012-2014)
- Assisted Mid Pacific Volleyball Girls Junior Varsity (2014)
- 13 Black Honolulu Coach
- Previously coached at Jammers VBC for 4 seasons (2011-2014)
- Assistant Coach for Mid Pacific Volleyball Girls Junior Varsity (2014)
- Assistant Coach for Hawaii Baptist Academy Girls Intermediate (2013)
- Collegiate Experience
- Played 1 year at Oregon State University, as Libero (2006). Then returned home to play for Hawaii Pacific University for 3 years.
- Named Pac West Libero of the Year (2008)
- Named HPU's Libero of the Decade (2010)
- Played 4 years of Girls Varsity Volleyball at HBA (2002-2005)
- Started playing volleyball at the age of 10 (4th Grade)
- Has been competing in club volleyball since 2006 for both Jammers and Imi’ike VBC
- 2006 Honorable Mention ILH Division I HHSAA
- 2008 ILH Division I Second-Team & 2008 HHSAA OC16 Senior Invitational participant
- Played for Jammers VBC Sophomore and Junior years of High School, finishing Senior year off at Imi'ike Volleyball
- Competed collegiately at Chaminade, graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology
- Third year with LAC, 6 year coaching.
- 14U Assistant Coach (2014-15)
- 13U Black Assistant Coach (2013-14)
- Assistant Coach for 2013 Kalaheo Boys
- Played 1 year at LIU Post in Long Island, as the starting Outside hitter. Returned home to pursue an Environmental Science degree and her passion for coaching
- 2012 Haili Tournament Championship and MVP with LAC Women's team
- Played three years of varsity volleyball at St. Francis and won Division Two State Championships in 2011
- Named State Tournament Most Outstanding Player, St. Francis Player of the Year, and ILH Division Two First Team, and 2011 Fab 15 VB players
- Started playing beach volleyball on Ala Moana Beach in 1992 till present
- Won the Jose Cuervo Beach Tournaments 1992 & 1993
- Played in Haili Tournaments
- Played in Hawaii Dinosaur Tournaments on the Big Island, Kauai, and Oahu
- Started club volleyball coaching in 2011
- Won the 12u Ho’oikaika Tournament Bronze Bracket with Ka Ulukoa Volleyball Institute in 2014 & 2015; Waimea Kauai
- Directed and coached Lanikai Athletic Club’s 1st Beach Academy in 2015
- FIVB retired professional beach volleyball player, professional indoor volleyball player in club teams in Spain, France, Cyprus (2005-2013)
- Captain of the Bulgarian National Beach Volleyball Team between 2010-2012
- 22 years of experience playing volleyball and beach volleyball on the top collegiate and professional level
- Coaching experience:
- Hawaii Pacific University indoor and sand program (2014-present)
- Junior beach volleyball club "Sofia Beach Volleyball Academy", Sofia, Bulgaria (2011-2013)
- Outrigger Canoe Club U13 girls volleyball program (2014-2015)
- Spike and Serve Beach Club, HI (season 2014-2015)
- Personal conditioning coach (2010-present)
- Collegiate indoor volleyball experience:
- NSA- National Sports Academy (1998-2000)
- UNA- University Of North Alabama (2000-2002)
- CSULB- Cal State Long Beach (2002-2004)
- Played volleyball for 12 years
- From Orange County, California
- Four year varsity letter at Troy High School in Fullerton, CA
- Started four years at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA
- Named All-Tournment two year in a row at West Connecticut Invitational and Hall of Fame Tournament
- Coached in a variety of clinics
- First time coaching club
- Moved to Hawaii to pursue a career in archaeology
Dawn Penebacker Pojsl
- Started playing beach volleyball in 2000
- Collegiate Experience:
- Played 1 year at University of Hawaii, as a redshirt freshman (1995)
- Played 4 years at Hawaii Pacific University, as Middle Blocker
- Div II National Champion (1998)
- Played 3 years of Girls Varsity Volleyball at University High School
- Started playing volleyball in the 6th grade
- 2015-2016 Head Coach for LAC 14U Green.
- 16 years of volleyball experience.
- Played for Jammers Volleyball Club from 12s-17s
- Received numerous All-tournament Team and MVP awards in 12s, 13s, and 14s age divisions.
- Traveled every year to Junior Olympics either in Club or Open division both as a player and coach.
- High School State Champion Division I for Kamehameha-Kapalama in 2005-2006
- Received ILH Player of the Year in 2005 and All-Star and All-State first team in 2005-2006.
- Was offered Full Athletic Scholarships to St. Mary's, Pepperdine, Minnesota, Florida, and Oregon State. She decided on Pepperdine.
- Played 2 years at Pepperdine University.
- Returned home to coach for Jammers VBC in 2010 and 2011 seasons.
- 2010 Assistant coach on the 17s team who finished 26th in Club division at Junior Olympics
- 2011 Head coach of the 13s team. Came in 4th in the Reno Open Qualifier and finished 14th in the Open division at Junior Olympics.
- Took a break from coaching due the birth of her and Coach Elias' daughter in 2012
- In 2015 came in mid-season to assist Coach Ed with the LAC 13 Green.
- 2015-2016 Assistant Coach for LAC 14U Green
- 14 years of volleyball experience
- Played for Outrigger Volleyball Club from 14s-18s
- Every year his team placed in the top 3 which includes 1 bronze, 2 silver, and 2 gold medals in the Junior Olympics Open division.
- 4 year Varsity starter at Kalaheo High School
- Won back to back OIA Championships in 2004-2005. Placed 3rd in the State Tournament in 2004-2005.
- Received OIA East Player of the Year 2004 and made All-star first team all 4 years as well as All-State first team in 2004 and 2005
- Received a partial scholarship to Cal State University Northridge (CSUN) and attended CSUN in 2006-2007
- Played for UH Mens in 2008-2009.
- Assistant coach for Kalaheo High School for 2 years with LAC Director Coach Ed Chun
- Assistant coach for Saint Francis for 3 years which lead to 2 state championships.
- Placed 2nd in the Haili Tournament Open division in 2011 and 2012, also received the MVP open award in 2011.
- 12U Green Head Coach (2015-2016)
- 13U Black Asst Coach (2014-2015)
- LAC JumpStart Coach (2012-Current)
- Started Playing Beach Volleyball in 1999
- LAC Beach Tournament Coordinator
- Played 3 years Varsity Volleyball for Kalaheo High School
- 10 year old daughter is entering her 4th year with LAC
- Volunteer Assistant Volleyball Coach at St. John Vianney 2016
- Played with Co-Ed Unit (Army ) team, 2nd Place in South Korea All-Army Tournament after birth of daughter, 2012
- Coached for AZ Mile High VBC (Yavapai Juniors) 13U, 14U: 2009,2010
- Prescott High School JV Head Coach, Varsity Assistant Coach 2009
- Played 4 Years at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ
- Played girls varsity at Maryknoll HS (2001) & Kapolei HS (2002-2004)
- Played for Impact Hawaii VBC 14U, Asics 16U, Jammers 17U, Quickset 18U
- Played for Aloha Juniors Regional Team (18U) 2003, 2004
- Started playing volleyball in 5th grade at St. Joseph, Waipahu
- Recently moved back to Hawaii
- Assistant coach for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University 2008(& graduated the same year with a Bachelors in Aviation Business)
- Starting outside hitter for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University 2006 & 2007
- Freshman head coach at Mingus Union High School 2005(AZ)- Undefeated
- Starting outside hitter for Yavapai Community College(AZ) 2003 & 2004
- 3 year Varsity starter at Mingus Union High School
- 3 years of Club Volleyball in AZ
- Started playing volleyball in 6th grade and have loved it ever since
- Took multiple years off from playing and coaching to have two beautiful kids and follow my husband wherever the Air Force took us. But I'm very excited to be back involved in the sport I love and ready to help our younger generation find that same love and passion for the game!
- Has been playing competitive volleyball since 2004
- 3 years of Varsity Volleyball at McKinley High School
- Played for Quicksets 16U, HI Intensity 17U & 18U for HI Intensity VBC from Sophomore to Senior Year High School
- Competed collegiately for 2 years at Arizona Western College as starting Middle Blocker. Returned home to complete education in Psychology.
- Has been coaching volleyball from ages 11-18 since 2010
- HI Intensity VBC 2010-2013
- Head Coach 11's, 16U, & 17U
- Assistant Coach 18U
- Club Administrator
- Le Jardin Volleyball Varsity Assistant Coach 2011-2012