With many years of coaching experience in all levels and playing experience in the national, international, amateur, and professional levels, our coaches posses a wealth of knowledge, and are excited to impart it to the younger generation.
Edwin Chun - Club Director & Head Coach
- Started Lanikai Athletic Club (LAC) youth program in 2011.
- 15 years of coaching experience. Coached baseball, strength/conditioning, and volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached baseball at Kalaheo High School, Kailua High School, and Saint Louis. All three programs made it to the state tournament and 2 out of the 3 programs were in the state championship game.
- Currently is the head coach for Kalaheo High School mens volleyball team and is director/ head women's varsity coach for LeJardin Academy.
- Starting playing volleyball at Kailua High School his junior year.
- Played 2 years of volleyball at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California.
- Freshman of the Year honors
- MVP (Sophomore year)
- Still holds single season dig record set in 2001
- Played 1 year in Germany.
- Plays annually for a team from Los Angeles in the Chinese 9-man volleyball tournament.
- Organizes the summer grass tournaments Lanikai Open and Koolau Classic.
Sivan Leoni - Assistant Director & Head Coach
- Over 10 years of coaching experience ranging from beginners to college level
- Coached at Kalaheo High School and lead the Mustangs to two consecutive OIA championships and four appearances at the State tournament
- IMPACT certified
- Played volleyball with the Israeli National Team
- Graduate of the University of Hawaii (UH) with a degree in Photography & Marketing
- Played volleyball at UH for 4 years (1995-1998)
- Two Appearances at the NCAA D-I Final Four tournaments
- Sivan is in the top 10 career leaders list in multiple categories of the UH's records book
- Sivan has a 12 year old daughter on the team
- 17U Black Head Coach
- 16 years of playing volleyball (since 4th grade)
- 8 years of coaching experience
- Currently playing and coaching with Lanikai Athletic Club (since 2011)
- Currently Varsity assistant coach at Saint Francis - team won two back-to-back Division II State Championships 2011 & 2012; placed 3rd in 2013 State Tournament; as 2009 JV head coach led team to Championship Finals
- Team Captain of 2012 & 2013 Haili Tournament Women's A Championship Team (Lanikai Athletic Club)
- 2013 Haili Tournament "All Star" Awardee
- Also coached Magic VB Club which placed in top 10 Gold Bracket at 2012 Summer Soiree VB Tournament, Anaheim, CA.
- 16U Black Head Coach
- Over 15 years of coaching experience
- Played competitive volleyball for many years
- Made all state team junior year of high school
- All state player of the year senior in high school
- Won Haili Men's volleyball tournament many times
- Earned all star team for Haili Tournament
- Won many beach tournaments
- Won Cal Finals in Sacramento coaching at Maunalani VBC
- 15U Black Head Coach
- 13 years of coaching experience. Coached Volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached Volleyball at Kaiser high school and was named "Coach of the Year" in 2005.
- Currently is the director/ head women's varsity coach for Saint Francis School. Led her team to Back-to-Back State Championships in 2011 and 2012. Also led her team to an ILH Championship in 2012.
- Started playing volleyball in 6th grade at Maryknoll School. Continued on and finished at Kaiser High School. Walk-on to the UNLV Rebels Volleyball team for 1 year.
- Currently 2 time reigning Haili Women's A Champs with her LAC Women's team.
- Earned a 2012 Haili "All Tournament" team as a player.
- 15U Green Head Coach
- 50-time All American and member of the USAV Hall of Fame '92.
- He attended the Olympics in 1968 and 1972 as a member of USA Olympic Team.
- Over the years Stanley trained and coached many players and teams, including military teams around the world, U.S. and foreign club teams, university division - women; men's
- Coached women's teams in the USVBA National competition and at the professional level.
- Stanley still competes in the USA Nationals and World Masters competitions.
- He currently coaches at Kaiser High School.
- His 2013 team placed 4th in Division I state competition.
- 15U Green Assistant Coach
- 7 years coaching experience
- Assistant coach to coach Ed Chun at Le Jardin Academy and Kalāheo High School (boys)
- Assisted Coach Ed Chun with the Lanikai Athletic Club boys program for 2 years
- Head coach for girls JV paddling at Kalāheo High School
- 15 years playing experience
- 5 years of club ball
- one year at collegiate level (San Jacinto College)
- NJCAA National Runners Up 2010
- Currently playing for the Lanikai Athletic Club Women's team
- Two time Haili Volleyball Tournament champs women's A division
- MVP of Haili Tournament women's A division 2012
- 14U Black Head Coach & 12U Green Head Coach
- Current junior middle blocker for Chaminade University Of Honolulu Silverswords
- Started 48 of 49 matches her freshman and sophomore seasons contributing 362 kills, 124 blocks, and 37 service aces
- Competed in both Varsity Volleyball and Basketball at Mid-Pacific Institute
- 2006 Honorable Mention ILH Division I HHSAA
- 2008 ILH Division I Second-Team & 2008 HHSAA OC16 Senior Invitational participant
- Played for Jammers VBC Sophomore and Junior years of High School, finishing Senior year off at Imi'ike Volleyball
- Previously coached at HI-Intensity Volleyball Club. 2012 12's Haili Champions and NCVA Tournament in San Mateo finishing 3rd Place. Le Jardin Girls Intermediate Volleyball and Basketball Assistant Coach 2011-2012
- 14U Black Assistant Coach & 12U Green Assistant Coach & Lanikai Athletic Club Administrative Assistant
- 25 years coaching experience in volleyball, basketball, and golf
- Worked with 64 teams in 25 states and 10 countries at the youth level through the collegiate level
- Held 18 head coach positions, 37 assistant coach positions, and 9 administrative positions
- Won-loss record of 764 wins against 549 losses for a winning percentage of .582
- 7 undefeated league seasons
- 9 1st place, 12 2nd place, and 12 3rd place finishes in league play with 25 playoff appearances
- 10 wins against 3 losses for a winning percentage of .769 in championship games
- 14U Green Head Coach
- 14U Green Assistant Coach
- Over 2 years of coaching experience
- Lanikai Athletic Club as the 13's Assistant Coach in 2013
- Le Jardin Academy as the JV Girls Assistant Coach since 2012. Â Led team to win ILH JV Championship in 2012.
- Asics Volleyball Club as the 16's Assistant Coach in 2012
- Played 2 years at the College of Southern Idaho
- Current career leader in assists per game
- Finished 10th at NJCAA National Tournament (2007)
- Played 6 years at Kamehameha
- State Champions in 2005 and runner up in 2004
- Over 15 years of playing experience:
- Finished 1st place at the Davis Volleyball Festival with Oahu Volleyball Club 14's (2002)
- Finished 5th at Junior Olympics 15's Open with Maunalani (2004)
- Finished 3rd at Junior Olympics 16's Open with Maunalani (2005)
- Finished 3rd in Lanikai 4-man Grass Tournament (2013)
- Graduate of the University of Hawaii at Manoa with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Finance
- Currently employed at First American Title as an Escrow Assistant
- 14U White Head Coach & Lanikai Athletic Club Social Media Coordinator
- Been playing indoor volleyball for over 20 yrs and beach volleyball for over 10 yrs.
- Played Club volleyball at Cal Poly Pomona, Freshman year took the Club championships.
- Played Club volleyball at USC during graduate studies.
- Majored in Electrical Computer Engineering.
- Worked at the Salvation Army Kroc Center Kapolei as the Athletic Director
- Currently work at Kamehameha Schools IT Dept.
- Been coaching club volleyball for over 10 yrs, girls & boys of ages 6-18.
- In '02, 1st year of coaching, won 1st place in 12U Gold Division Starlings Nationals in San Diego
- In '04 started a volleyball club (Paulele VBC) for the Leeward coast that ran the past 8 years
- Our teams consistently won the Gold division, 3 years in a row, at the Ho'oikaika Kauai Tournaments in the 12U & 14U divisions, including Gold in the 16's divisions.
- USAV IMPACT & CAP II Certified since 2010
- Most recently Head coached the Le Jardin Academy Girls Intermediate D2 team tothe 2013 ILH D2 Intermediate Girls Volleyball Championship with an undefeated record of 11-0.
- My coaching philosophy is to develop bright young leaders for tomorrow by training the athletes mind, body and spirit.
- A member of New Hope Leeward Christian Fellowship Church since 2005.
- 14U JumpStart Head Coach
- Graduate of Colorado State University with a degree in English Education and a minor in history
- Played volleyball two years for the Colorado State Women's Club program
- Player/coach for one semester of the Colorado State Women's Club B Team
- A three sport athlete at Steamboat Springs High School, CO
- Nominated to All-Conference team for Volleyball in 2007 and All-Conference Honorable Mention for Basketball in 2007
- Named female athlete of the year in 2007 in Steamboat Springs, CO
- Over three years of coaching experience at all age levels in both volleyball and basketball
- Intermediate coach for both volleyball and basketball at Punahou in 2012
- Currently Assistant Varsity coach at Le Jardin Academy
- 13U Black Head Coach
- 1981 graduate from Kamehameha Schools
- 2 year Varsity Letterman Volleyball
- 3 year Varsity Letterman Track and field
- 4 year Varsity Letterman Swimming
- Most Outstanding Athlete 1981 Kamehameha Schools
- Most Versatile Athlete 1981 Kamehameha Schools
- 1979 State runner up Vollyball
- 1981-1983 played for Hawaii Pacific University
- 1988 Hawaii Pacific University NAIA Nationals 3rd Place
- 1989 Hawaii Pacific University NAIA National Runner Up
- Team assistant 1990 NAIA National Champions
- 1991 Winter graduate Hawaii Pacific University
- 1998-2000 Windward PAL vball coach
- 2001- 2004 Kalaheo Junior Varsity Head Coach assistant Varsity
- 2005 Jammer volleyball club Coach 1st place Far Westerns Qualifier 7 th place Junior Nationals
- 2007 TAVA Volleyball Club 12u head coach 14u assistant 17 u assistant
- 2008 Kamali'i 18u Coach
- 2011 Kaiser Volleyball Head Coach
- 2012-2013 Kaulukoa 12u Head Coach
- 2013 St. Francis Intermediate coach
- 13U Black Assistant Coach
- Assistant Coach @ Kalaheo
- Played 1 year at LIU Post in Long Island, as the starting Outside hitter. Returned home to pursue a Marine biology degree and her passion for Coaching
- 2012 LAC WOMEN Haili Champ
- Played three years of varsity volleyball at St. Francis including the Saints' 2011 Division Two State Championship squad
- Named State Tournament Most Outstanding Player, St. Francis Player of the Year, and ILH Division Two First Team, and 2011 Fab 15 VB players
- 12U Black Assistant Coach
- Played volleyball in High School, and 2 years of club volleyball
- Coached the past 5 years with PAL volleyball
- Member of the Windward Volleyball League board
- Daughter has played past two years in the LAC developmental clinic