With many years of coaching experience in all levels and playing experience in the national, international, amateur, and professional levels, our coaches posses a wealth of knowledge, and are excited to impart it to the younger generation.
Edwin Chun - CEO & Head Coach
- Started Lanikai Athletic Club (LAC) youth program in 2011.
- 15 years of coaching experience. Coached baseball, strength/conditioning, and volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached baseball at Kalaheo High School, Kailua High School, and Saint Louis. All three programs made it to the state tournament and 2 out of the 3 programs were in the state championship game.
- Currently is the head coach for Kalaheo High School mens volleyball team and is director/ head women's varsity coach for LeJardin Academy.
- Starting playing volleyball at Kailua High School his junior year.
- Played 2 years of volleyball at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California.
- Freshman of the Year honors
- MVP (Sophomore year)
- Still holds single season dig record set in 2001
- Played 1 year in Germany.
- Plays annually for a team from Los Angeles in the Chinese 9-man volleyball tournament.
- Organizes the summer grass tournaments Lanikai Open and Koolau Classic.
Sivan Leoni - Assistant Director & Head Coach
- Over 11 years of coaching experience ranging from beginners to college level
- Coached at Kalaheo High School and lead the Mustangs to two consecutive OIA championships and four appearances at the State tournament
- IMPACT certified
- Played volleyball with the Israeli National Team
- Graduate of the University of Hawaii (UH) with a degree in Photography & Marketing
- Played volleyball at UH for 4 years (1995-1998)
- Two Appearances at the NCAA D-I Final Four tournaments
- Sivan is in the top 10 career leaders list in multiple categories of the UH's records book
- Sivan has a 12 year old daughter in the club
Nichol "Nik" Meyers - Operations Manager
- Been with LAC since 2013
- Administrator - Jammers Volleyball Club 2005-2013
- Operations Supervisor - Ohana Construction 1994-2008
- Maecee Pastele Shack Owner 2005-present
- Robin & Co Salon & Spa owner 1997-2003
- Pink Sox Softball - Director/Coach 2003-2006
- Kaneohe Little League - Coach 2003-2006
- Ace Certification
- 17U Green Head Coach
- Over 15 years of coaching experience
- Played competitive volleyball for many years
- Made all state team junior year of high school
- All state player of the year senior in high school
- Won Haili Men's volleyball tournament many times
- Earned all star team for Haili Tournament
- Won many beach tournaments
- Won Cal Finals in Sacramento coaching at Maunalani VBC
- 16U Green and 14U Green Head Coach
- 13 years of coaching experience. Coached Volleyball in all levels ranging from beginners to college athletes.
- Coached Volleyball at Kaiser high school and was named "Coach of the Year" in 2005.
- Currently is the director/ head women's varsity coach for Saint Francis School. Led her team to Back-to-Back State Championships in 2011 and 2012. Also led her team to an ILH Championship in 2012.
- Started playing volleyball in 6th grade at Maryknoll School. Continued on and finished at Kaiser High School. Walk-on to the UNLV Rebels Volleyball team for 1 year.
- Currently 2 time reigning Haili Women's A Champs with her LAC Women's team.
- Earned a 2012 Haili "All Tournament" team as a player.
Jure "Djuro" Babic
- 16U Black Head Coach
- From Maribor, Slovenia
- FIVB Coach - Bangkok Thailand 2011
- OK Stavbar IGM (Volleyball club), Maribor, Slovenia
Professional Volleyball Player (Position: Outside Hitter)
- 3rd on youth and 2nd on junior national championship of Slovenia.
- Won the youth Olympic games in Toronto Hamilton, Canada with Maribor team.
- Two times 2nd ('06, '07), two times 3rd ('08, '09) and a 5th ('05) place in the national championship of Slovenia.
- Slovenian Cup winner ('06)
- Played in the MEVZA (Middle European Volleyball Zonal Association) league, which included only the best teams from Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
- OK Nova KBM Branik (women's volleyball club), Maribor, Slovenia
Assistant Coach (Seniors, Division-I team) & Head Coach (girls U-14 & U-12)
- 1st ('10) and 2nd ('11) in the National Championship of Slovenia, 1st ('11) and 2nd ('10) in the Slovenian Cup.
- 1st ('11) and 4th ('10) in the MEVZA league.
- 15U Black Head Coach
- 50-time All American and member of the USAV Hall of Fame '92.
- He attended the Olympics in 1968 and 1972 as a member of USA Olympic Team.
- Over the years Stanley trained and coached many players and teams, including military teams around the world, U.S. and foreign club teams, university division - women; men's
- Coached women's teams in the USVBA National competition and at the professional level.
- Stanley still competes in the USA Nationals and World Masters competitions.
- He currently coaches at Kaiser High School.
- His 2013 team placed 4th in Division I state competition.
- 14U Black Head Coach
- Second year coaching
- 2013-2014 LAC 14's Green Assistant coach. Team placed 9th overall out of 144 at Summer Soirée Anaheim CA.
- Over 18 years playing experience
- Played 4 years at Hawaii Pacific University under Coach Tita Ahuna
- 2005 Division 1 Champions
- Played 4 years at Roosevelt High School
- 2003 Second team OIA
- 2004 First team OIA
- Graduate of Hawaii Pacific University with a Bachelors degree in Communications
- Currently employed at Hawaii Family Dental Centers as a dental assistant
- 12 Green Head Coach & Lanikai Athletic Club Administrative Assistant
- 27 years coaching experience in volleyball and basketball
- Worked with 66 teams in 25 states and 10 countries at the youth through collegiate levels
- Held 18 head coaching positions, 38 assistant coaching positions, and 10 administrative positions
- Current won-loss record of 836 wins against 590 losses for a winning percentage of .586
- 7 undefeated league seasons and 26 playoff appearances
- Nine 1st place, 13 2nd place, and 13 3rd place finishes in league play
- 11 wins against 3 losses for a winning percentage of .785 in championship games and matches
- 12 Black Head Coach
- 16 years of playing volleyball (since 4th grade)
- 8 years of coaching experience
- Currently playing and coaching with Lanikai Athletic Club (since 2011)
- Currently Varsity assistant coach at Saint Francis - team won two back-to-back Division II State Championships 2011 & 2012; placed 3rd in 2013 State Tournament; as 2009 JV head coach led team to Championship Finals
- Team Captain of 2012 & 2013 Haili Tournament Women's A Championship Team (Lanikai Athletic Club)
- 2013 Haili Tournament "All Star" Awardee
- Also coached Magic VB Club which placed in top 10 Gold Bracket at 2012 Summer Soiree VB Tournament, Anaheim, CA.
- LAC JumpStart Coach
- Previously coached at Jammers VBC for 3 seasons (2012-2014)
- Assisted 12U team to 3rd Place win at Summer Soiree Tournament in Anaheim (2012)
- Assisted with the Jammer Junior Program (2012-2014)
- Assisted Mid Pacific Volleyball Girls Junior Varsity (2014)
- LAC JumpStart Coach
- Previously coached at Jammers VBC for 4 seasons (2011-2014)
- Assistant Coach for Mid Pacific Volleyball Girls Junior Varsity (2014)
- Assistant Coach for Hawaii Baptist Academy Girls Intermediate (2013)
- Collegiate Experience
- Played 1 year at Oregon State University, as Libero (2006). Then returned home to play for Hawaii Pacific University for 3 years.
- Named Pac West Libero of the Year (2008)
- Named HPU's Libero of the Decade (2010)
- Played 4 years of Girls Varsity Volleyball at HBA (2002-2005)
- Started playing volleyball at the age of 10 (4th Grade)
- 15U Black Assistant Coach
- 7 years coaching experience
- Assistant coach to coach Ed Chun at Le Jardin Academy and Kalāheo High School (boys)
- Assisted Coach Ed Chun with the Lanikai Athletic Club boys program for 2 years
- Head coach for girls JV paddling at Kalāheo High School
- 15 years playing experience
- 5 years of club ball
- one year at collegiate level (San Jacinto College)
- NJCAA National Runners Up 2010
- Currently playing for the Lanikai Athletic Club Women's team
- Two time Haili Volleyball Tournament champs women's A division
- MVP of Haili Tournament women's A division 2012
- 15U Green Assistant Coach
- Current junior middle blocker for Chaminade University Of Honolulu Silverswords
- Started 48 of 49 matches her freshman and sophomore seasons contributing 362 kills, 124 blocks, and 37 service aces
- Competed in both Varsity Volleyball and Basketball at Mid-Pacific Institute
- 2006 Honorable Mention ILH Division I HHSAA
- 2008 ILH Division I Second-Team & 2008 HHSAA OC16 Senior Invitational participant
- Played for Jammers VBC Sophomore and Junior years of High School, finishing Senior year off at Imi'ike Volleyball
- Previously coached at HI-Intensity Volleyball Club. 2012 12's Haili Champions and NCVA Tournament in San Mateo finishing 3rd Place. Le Jardin Girls Intermediate Volleyball and Basketball Assistant Coach 2011-2012
- 14U Black Assistant Coach
- Over 2 years of coaching experience
- Lanikai Athletic Club as the 13's Assistant Coach in 2013
- Le Jardin Academy as the JV Girls Assistant Coach since 2012. Led team to win ILH JV Championship in 2012.
- Asics Volleyball Club as the 16's Assistant Coach in 2012
- Played 2 years at the College of Southern Idaho
- Current career leader in assists per game
- Finished 10th at NJCAA National Tournament (2007)
- Played 6 years at Kamehameha
- State Champions in 2005 and runner up in 2004
- Over 15 years of playing experience:
- Finished 1st place at the Davis Volleyball Festival with Oahu Volleyball Club 14's (2002)
- Finished 5th at Junior Olympics 15's Open with Maunalani (2004)
- Finished 3rd at Junior Olympics 16's Open with Maunalani (2005)
- Finished 3rd in Lanikai 4-man Grass Tournament (2013)
- Graduate of the University of Hawaii at Manoa with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Finance
- Currently employed at First American Title as an Escrow Assistant
- 13U Black Assistant Coach
- Assistant Coach @ Kalaheo
- Played 1 year at LIU Post in Long Island, as the starting Outside hitter. Returned home to pursue a Marine biology degree and her passion for Coaching
- 2012 LAC WOMEN Haili Champ
- Played three years of varsity volleyball at St. Francis including the Saints' 2011 Division Two State Championship squad
- Named State Tournament Most Outstanding Player, St. Francis Player of the Year, and ILH Division Two First Team, and 2011 Fab 15 VB players